You might consider retrofitting your sign to use LED lights. Modern technology and dynamic parts are efficient and cost-effective. Your business will be able to attract more customers by displaying new signs which last longer and conserve energy over time. For businesses with outdated, damaged signs might find retrofitting to be the best solution.
In this Article
Why should you retrofit your sign using LED Lighting?
The sign in front of your business symbolizes your company’s style and reliability. A lot of businesses are beginning to retrofit signs located above their stores and on poles so that customers can see them. You can have better signs that last longer, attracts more customers, and retrofit fluorescent lights to LED neon signs.
LEDs have a higher efficiency than fluorescent light and can provide a reliable return on investment (ROI). They are cheaper to purchase and maintain and consume less energy, helping you reduce your monthly expenses. LED bulbs can last up to 10,000 hours in comparison to fluorescent bulbs which generally last for 8,000 hours. LEDs are more likely to burn out and can be readily observed even when an LED bulb is damaged or dimmed.
Retrofits with LEDs are especially beneficial at night, as customers are most likely to take notice of your sign. Unlit signs won’t catch the attention of many customers, while LED neon signs stand out among other businesses. Signs can be made using a variety of materials and LED neon signs to create a vibrant, striking, and unique impact.
LED Retrofitting Sign Lighting Benefits
LED lighting is a great way to increase customer loyalty and draw in new customers. LED retrofitting has many advantages that include energy savings as well as better safety features. These are just a few of the benefits:
- Improved lighting A lot of fluorescent lamps are multi-directional, and can be dimmed over time. However, LED neon signs feature singular directional lighting that projects straight into the sky, creating efficient signage that gives a clear image.
- LED neon signs are easy to keep. They last for up to 50,000 hours and require little maintenance. Because they make signs easier to maintain Many businesses find that they reduce their amount of calls to service and realize an increase in their ROI when they upgrade their signs with LEDs.
- Initial cost: Companies can lower their initial costs for changing signs to LED neon signs by switching to them. When you consider the expense of time and materials together, it is worth it to convert to LEDs instead of fluorescent lights.
- Energy savings: LEDs are very energy-efficient. They convert electricity to light “in as little as four months businesses can save money on energy and other expenses over time. While the cost of retrofitting LEDs could cause some companies to shy away from the change, the savings your company will reap in the next five to 10 years will far exceed it. Sign-Longevity and Maintenance CostsLED signs last longer than conventional signs and need less care. High-output fluorescent bulbs, for instance, lose brilliance and color with time. They are often constructed of glass, which can be easily damaged. Because these bulbs are also water-proof and high-voltage, there is always a potential for fire dangers.LED lights, on the other hand, are low maintenance and work using DC voltage. Your company will see an increase in costs for service over time and a rise in ROI. Does a Field Evaluation Have to Be Performed for Retrofitting? You might require approval from municipal authorities or authorities prior to retrofitting your sign to use LED lights. If you retrofit your sign according to the instructions and you are not required to do a field evaluation. An evaluation of the field is required if you’ve used non-certified retrofitting. Repairing, Retrofitting, Replacing — Which Is Best? Each option comes with pros and cons when it comes to replacing, retrofitting, or repairing the sign. The decision on which one is the best for your business will be contingent on the amount your company can afford and how much you would like to save in the future.RepairingRepairing signs could involve a new paint job or refastening it, replacing damaged letters, or designing individual pieces that update an area. Some of the advantages are Cost: It can be cheaper to repair and repair the sign to its original state. Simple solutions: A professional can quickly fix a faded or broken sign. A few of the cons are: Customers might be misled by a sign that has been repaired and ask if it’s under new management. Outdated signs: If your sign does not represent your company anymore You may have to replace it, rather than repair it.RetrofittingRetrofitting your signage with LEDs is a low-cost, energy-efficient option that can help them appear more vibrant each day. While saving money on energy bills, your message is memorable and will attract many customers to your business. Some of the benefits include Lower energy bills: LED neon signs use less energy and can help you save money over time. Few bulb replacements: LED lights are durable and require less maintenance than other
- Lighting limitations: Some signs may not have the necessary arrangement for LED neon signs that are new.Limitless update potential: Signs in poor condition may indicate that they need to be replaced.
- Opportunities to update: You have the possibility of including new services and products on your updated signs. Answering questions: Helping customers with the most frequently asked information.
- More time to wait: Completely replacing a sign takes time for the manufacturers to finish the product.
- License restrictions: Some municipalities require separate licenses for the installation of new signs.